February 24, 2011

President's Day Sunday Supper

I really just wanted an excuse to throw a party and President's Day was the perfect excuse for an All-American Sunday Supper. I've been working a lot and miss my friends so my 'the more the merrier' attitude meant a big L shaped table and casual decor. Butcher paper, crayons and votives made for a playful table (thanks Amy for sewing the paper garland-kind of nuts!). Greg and I love eating at The Hitching Post in Buellton and every time we're there I imagine it's what my grandparents would consider a fancy dinner out. Their menu--always a dirty martini, always a crudites, always a shrimp cocktail with club crackers, always a baked potato with loads of chives, butter and sour cream--served as my inspiration for the meal. Plus, this retro feel was a brilliant excuse to bust out some Lipton onion soup mix--delicious!!
The Menu

dirty martini bar

homemade potato chips with lipton onion soup dip

old fashioned crudites with black olives and pepperoncini

bay shrimp cocktail on club crackers

for dinner

company pot roast with carrots, celery and onion

baked potato bar featuring russets and yams
sour cream, flowering chives, dill, apple smoked bacon, chipotle salsa, greek yogurt, hot sauce, tillamook cheddar

butter lettuces and peppery greens with lemon vinaigrette

chocolate pot de creme

p.s.
the apres-fete (after party)
very fun to discover everyone's drawing the following morning (even though i was feeling slightly 'dehydrated'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a post to surely inspire a party...I REALLY wanted to be there...lipton soup should be a staple in everyone's pantry...Min

AMELIA ALVAREZ said...

Yay! I was here:)

P.s. I had given up hope for great L.A. personal style until I met all of your stylish friends:)

www.clotheshorsenyc.com

supreme courtney said...

So fabulous! Love the chalkboard menu in your kitchen! And the crayons and butcher paper table cloth. Your parties are always so fun and festive!

Post a Comment