December 6, 2011

La Vie En Rose

My favorite gifts to receive are experiences: special dinners, trips or gift certificates for classes and spa treatments. They are also my favorite gifts to give (Greg just might be seeing Jay Z & Kanye @ Staples Center...). Instead of presents, I like to give my girlfriends a holiday dinner party. Why not go all-out girly with a French menu of decadent yet ladylike fare? It doesn't get more generous or festive than champagne and caviar. I also splurged on chocolates from three chocolatiers in Beverly Hills and we did a tasting...Madame Chocolate was the clear winner. I am grateful for all of my friends who helped make this past year the greatest and a festive meal is the perfect way to celebrate them. I mean, can anyone really top the gift of a champagne sorbet palate cleanser?
The Menu

sips

pink champagne

un

caviar with buckwheat blinis
acoutrements: chopped hard-boiled egg, capers, shallots, chives & creme fraiche

french pink radishes

pink peppercorn crusted goat cheese on endive spears

deux

fennel & kabocha squash with candied pepitas & creme fraiche

trois

slow-cooked salmon nicoise with blue lake green beans, roast beets, fingerling potatoes & mustard vinaigrette

quatre

triple creme brie, asian pear, cracker

cinq

champagne sorbet

the best for last

assorted truffles & chocolate covered strawberries

2 comments:

Deirdre Zahl said...

Sad I could not be there! Looks incredible!!! xoxo

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Beautiful Annie!

Post a Comment