November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Leftover Kits

Everyone knows that the best part of the Thanksgiving meal is the day after tradition of the infamous turkey sandwich.  I like mine simple: turkey, cranberry sauce, lots of mayo, plenty of cracked black pepper, on white bread.  It made me sad to think that my guests would be robbed of this ritual so I assembled leftover kits for everyone.  I made extra gingered cranberry sauce & classic stuffing in advance so that I was sure to have enough for all.  With that all prepped, it was easy to add leftover turkey and assorted pieces of pie at the end of the night.  As always, I'm lucky to have Amy as a friend because she elevated the whole kit with wish-bone themed labels, making the kits feel more like a party favor than just your basic leftovers.  The true highlight of the kit was including Wonder Bread.  It's the end of an era and the spongy white bread takes me right back to my childhood.  I literally got the last loaves at Smart & Final (where I picked up my containers & bags, as well) and it was a real treat--thank you Hostess for the memories.

5 comments:

littlebeemama said...

So cute and thoughtful. Where did you get your containers, Annie? They look classier than regular GLAD plasticware.

Annie Campbell said...

Littlebeemmama--The containers are from Smart & Final! Thank, Annie

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful idea! Need to do this next year..

Brittany Ryan
Beaux and Belles event planning blog

AMELIA ALVAREZ said...

That Wonderbread made some pretty great week-after croutons too!
Looking forward to this week's fete! We have to cross blog sometime soon!

먹튀검증 said...

This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.
Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks! 먹튀검증

Post a Comment