February 3, 2013

Winter Dinner. Food that was fun to serve.

For this family-style feast, I started with a food memory: a perfect bite.  My mom and I had dinner at Prune in NYC ten plus years ago and ordered an appetizer recommended by our waitress.  A plate with boquerones (aka white anchovies), shaved celery, marcona almonds and a drizzle of olive oil.  I had never had a marcona almond, nor a cured anchovy, and the combination blew my mind.  The plate had texture, acid, surprise and I've never forgotten it.  So it was exciting to put the elements together, with a little fennel, atop a grilled piece of bread.  Once I figured out the bruschetta, the rest of the menu fell into place.  Ribs in the winter felt fun and chocolate pots de creme are always a perfect finish.
The Menu

sips

serrano margaritas

snacks

gherkins & curry pickled carrots

radish & butter tea sandwiches

duck prosciutto, finocchiona & soppressata

to savor & amuse 

pacific gold oysters with champagne mignonette 

to start

little gems with garlicky lemon vinaigrette

fennel, celery, boquerones & marcona almond bruschetta

fresh ricotta, pickled mushroom & shallot bruschetta

to share

baby back ribs with balsamic espresso bbq sauce

andouille sausage

creamy rosemary polenta

brussel sprouts with kimchi sausage

wilted kale with chili & citrus

sweet

dark chocolate pots de creme 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have wanted a dozen of those oysters!! So pretty and delicious looking....loved the presentation!

Post a Comment